Three button custom handmade MIDI Controller, with MIDI input and output (with THRU), to be custom programmed for any MIDI-compatible device. Controller has buttons with fixed color LED rings and RGB LED, that can indicate mode of the controller.
Controller can be operated by single button clicks (A, B or C), simultaneous click of two (A+B or B+C) or three button (A+B+C) and long presses of single, two and three buttons, what gives a plenty of features!
- Custom written firmware
- LED rings colors: red, green, blue, white or yellow
- DC socket type: 2.1/5.5 mm (default) or 2.5/5.5 mm
- MIDI socket type: standard 5-DIN (default) or TRS jack (3.5 mm or 6.3 mm)
- Enclosure finish black matte
Lenght: 168 mm
Width: 65 mm
Height: 40 mm (+20 mm button height)
-DC 9V (center negative), <100 mA
Line 6 HX Stomp dedicated firmware
In case of dedicated firmware for HX Stomp, controller can work in five modes:
- Preset Mode (with moving TAP*) – In that mode you can choose presets in banks (of the controller) of three presets. Function based on Program Change MIDI message
- Snapshot Mode (with moving TAP*) – Recalling snapshots 1-3
- FS Mode – access to FS4, FS5, Tap tempo & Tuner
- Looper Mode – control over looper block in HX Stomp (record/overdub, play/stop, undo)
- CC mode – each button can work as CC toggle, which can be assigned to block bypass/parameters
*Moving TAP is special feature – allows to TAP tempo using button of currently selected preset / snapshot. First press of the button recalls preset/snapshot and the next presses of the same button sends TAP tempo.
Layout of the FS Mode is selectable by user, and functions can be in order:
-FS4 / FS5 / TAP (and tuner on hold)
-FS4 / TAP (and tuner on hold) / FS5
-TAP (and tuner on hold) / FS4 / FS5
Tuner is accessible in all modes (except Looper mode).
Controller is configurable in three ways:
-Setup mode (firmware v.>3.82)
-MIDI received messages (sent from HX Stomp to MIDI controller using Command Center)
-USB terminal commands
- Long press time
- MIDI THRU on/off
- Layout select (1/2/3 – check spec-sheet below)
- Snapshot mode buttons combo function on click and hold of [A+B] and [B+C] – switching presets down/up or emulating FS4 / FS5
- Preset mode buttons combo function on click and hold of [A+B] and [B+C] – switching banks down/up or emulating FS4 / FS5
- CC mode buttons combo function on click and hold of [A+B] and [B+C] – switching presets down/up or emulating FS4 / FS5
Controller can receive MIDI messages on its MIDI INPUT, what can be used for:
- Receiving Program Change messages (when scrolling presets with knob in HX Stomp), what will show selected preset as LED ring blink on controller
- Receiving CC messages to control states of CC toggles and LED rings in CC mode and FS mode (firmware v.>3.83)
- Receiving CC messages to blink selected snapshot on preset recall
Whats new in 3.88?
-FS light toggle MIDI CC control message value changed from 0/1 (off/on) to range 0-63 (off) and 64-127 (on)
Whats new in 3.87?
-MIDI clock receive to blink TAP tempo according to BPM from MIDI clock
-changed LED rings light control via MIDI received messages